Date(s) - 14/11/2017 - 17/11/2017
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
State Library of Western Australia
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is designed to provide students with the fundamentals of occupational health and safety across all a broad range of industries in Australia. It is relevant to supervisors, Health and safety representatives, safety officers and those are involved in the management of occupational risk. The Certificate IV is considered the minimum qualification required for anyone wishing to work within the field of occupational health and safety.
Upon successful completion of 10 units, participants will be awarded the Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety (BSB41415) The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety is highly regarded as the minimum industry standard.
Job roles include; Work Health and Safety Officer/coordinator, safety advisor, WHS representative, Health and Safety representative, return to work co-ordinator.
Participants will learn how to identify and comply with legislation, Identify, assess, control hazards, contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation process, you will learn how to contribute to workplace emergency procedures and monitoring as well the injury management. This will provide participants with the skills they need to effectively co –ordinate workplace health and safety.
The Certificate IV in Work Health and Safety requires the completion of 10 units. The following are those selected by Scope Training in consultation with industry.
– BSBWHS402 Assist with compliance with WHS laws
– BSBWHS403 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS consultation and participation processes
– BSBWHS404 Contribute to WHS hazard identification, risk assessment and risk control
– BSBWHS405 Contribute to implementing and maintaining WHS management systems
– BSBWHS406 Assist with responding to incidents
– BSBWHS407 Assist with claims management, rehabilitation and return-to-work program
– BSBWHS408 Assist with effective WHS management of contractors
– BSBWHS409 Assist with workplace monitoring processes
– BSBWHS410 Contribute to work-related health and safety measures and initiatives
– BSBMGT401 Show leadership in the workplace
We pride ourselves with the personable and ongoing student support we are able to offer from our experienced staff. Students have the support of staff throughout their studies including phone, email and we love to have a face to face catch up with our workshop students for a hot beverage if you are in Perth. This is a great way to go over your post course assessments and tackle anything you are wanting some extra assistance with.
Bookings are closed for this event.