Date(s) - 12/08/2019 - 27/08/2019
9:00 am - 4:00 pm
State Library of Western Australia
This course is run as a blended study model.
Please note: Students will be required to do some learning via our online portal followed by our face to face workshop (as below).
Our Perth based course is broken up into blocks of training as below:
|Module 1 – Working in Government|
|This module consists of online learning and applicable assessments. This can be done prior/during/after the five day workshop and is through application of your learning within your workplace.|
|Module 2 – Procurement|
|Monday 12 August 2019||Tuesday 13 August 2019||
Wednesday 14 August 2019
|Module 3 – Contract Law Module 4 – Contract Management|
Monday 26 August 2019
|Tuesday 27 August 2019|
Procurement is at the core of business operations; it dictates the products and services utilised in delivering value to respective customers, shareholders or tax payers. In the complexity of the constantly evolving marketplace, procurement skills are being heavily sought after in delivering value for money, sustainable solutions and collaborative partnerships.
Our Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting has been specifically designed to recognise the skills of those working in procurement and contract roles specifically within the public sector. It covers the broad range of skills required to operate without supervision in a procurement and contracting environment.
Upon successful completion of fifteen (15) units of competency, participants will be awarded the Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting (PSP40616).
Participants will undertake learning to sharpen their skills (as per key skills section) as well as the opportunity to apply project management concepts to work-based situations. This will provide participants with the skills they need to work as effective project team members as well as the confidence to apply them in a practical setting.
The Certificate IV in Procurement and Contracting requires the completion of 15 units. The following are those selected by Scope Training in consultation with industry.
– PSPETH002 Uphold and support the values and principles of public service
– PSPGEN038 Identify and treat risks
– PSPGEN042 Exercise delegations
– PSPGEN043 Apply government processes
– PSPLEG002 Encourage compliance with legislation in the public sector
– PSPPCM004 Plan procurement
– PSPPCM005 Develop and distribute requests for offers
– PSPPCM006 Select providers and develop contracts
– PSPPCM007 Manage contracts
– BSBMKG408 Conduct market research
– BSBPRC402 Negotiate contracts
– BSBPMG416 Apply project procurement procedures
– BSBRSK401 Identify risk and apply risk management processes
– PSPPCM011 Plan to manage a contract
– BSBLEG415 Apply the principles of contract law
We pride ourselves with the personable and ongoing student support we are able to offer from our experienced staff. Students have the support of staff throughout their studies including phone, email and we love to have a face to face catch up with our workshop students for a hot beverage somewhere – see when our staff are next in your city and we would be happy to meet up. This is a great way to go over your post course assessments and tackle anything you are wanting some extra assistance with.