Fees and Refunds
Scope Training is entitled to charge fees for services provided to students undertaking a course of study. These charges are generally for items such as course materials or text books, student services and training and assessment services.
Fees are payable when the student has received notification of enrolment. Fees must be paid in full within 2 weeks of receiving an invoice from Scope Training unless a further arrangement has been made with Scope Training staff. Scope Training may discontinue training if fees are not paid as required. For a full list of current fees and charges please request a copy Scope Training Schedule of Fees and Charges. Full payment must be received prior to issuance of any qualifications.
For online students, commencement date is assumed to be once login details are sent
Giving Notice of Enrolment Cancellation
A student who wishes to cancel their enrolment must give notice in writing. This may be via email or letter. Scope Training staff who are approached with initial notice of cancellation are to ensure the student understands their rights with regards to the refunding of tuition fees. The student is also to be advised of other options such as suspending the enrolment and re-commencing in another scheduled training program.
Students who give written notice to cancel their enrolment and who are eligible for a refund are to be provided with a Refund Request Form. Student who may not be eligible but are requesting a refund should also be provided with the request form so the request can be properly considered by the Chief Executive Officer.
Under normal circumstances refunds are not given however the below dictates the special grounds and identifies the circumstances in which a refund will be granted as well as the refunded amount where applicable.
Full refund of fees
A full refund of fees paid, including enrolment charge, will be granted in the event of the following:
• Scope Training cancels a course or class;
• An error is made at the time of enrolment e.g. if a student is enrolled in a unit/module previously completed
• Scope Training is unable to fulfil the requirements of the learning arrangement
Partial refund of fees on withdrawal within a specified time frame
• A student who gives notice to cancel their enrolment with greater than 7 days prior to the commencement of a program will be entitled to a 75% refund of fees paid.
• The amount retained (25%) by Scope Training is required to cover the administration of the process, costs of staff and resources which will have already been committed based on the students initial intention to undertake the training.
Discretion may be exercised by Scope Training, if the student can demonstrate that extenuating or significant personal circumstance led to their withdrawal.